Editor Irene Booth
A reminder to our members that MEMBERSHIP DUES for 2019 are now due. Your renewal membership form will be arriving to you this month.
Please remember that the bylaws require that membership must be renewed annually, on or before January 31. If membership dues have not been received by January 31, the member will not be a Member in Good Standing and will not be entitled to the benefits of membership. Your annual membership notice will be arriving shortly.
Please notify the Membership Secretary of any changes to address, phone number or email promptly to assist in maintaining a current membership list.
The CDTA BC Branch is a registered Society offering a wide range of certification programs for professional dance teachers and student examination programs in many disciplines.
The Disciplines offered are:
- Stage including Tap, Acro and Jazz
- Ballroom – International and American Styles, and
- Specialty Dances – Argentine tango, Salsa and West Coast Swing
The website has a section for each Division of the Branch. It contains information on becoming a member and on student examination services provided to members.
There are many reasons to join the CDTA:<
- Accreditation in represented dance disciplines
- Insurance for members and family – Commercial Coverage and Group Health/Dental/Disabilty
- Networking with other dance professionals in various disciplines
- Listing in the Members Directory
- Being part of a National dance community with branches across Canada
- Be involved in creating and maintaining dance standards and syllabi and a variety of exciting initiatives to further the presence of the art of dance in the community.
- Access to members-only pages, documents and discussion forums on cdtabc.com
CDTA BC BRANCH
Commercial Coverage and Group Health/Dental/Disability Insurance for
CDTA members and family.
Commericial coverage is necessary for a dance studio owner but it can be very expensive. Through our new “partnership” with ” The Shepherd Group ” you can have all the coverage you need at a reasonable price.
You can contact The Shepherd Group by emailing “CDTA@theshepherdgroup.ca” for all the details of the plans or visit our Cdta website. All plans are made for your needs but with the benefit of group pricing. Don’t delay get yourself covered and never worry about “what if” again!
DANCE AND BE SEEN!
70TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION!
NATIONAL DANCE CONVENTION
Competitions, classes and events for students and teachers.
Come Dance with us!
July 11 – 14th, 2019<
Sponsored by the Canadian Dance Teachers’ Association National
Visit our Website for additional information!
More information to come as it becomes available.